This advanced program is designed for culinary professionals, agriculturalists, aspiring butchers, and individuals interested in the serious study of the art of craft butchery and carcass utilization.
- Two to three students per class.
- Attendees butcher their own side of pork in every single class because we believe repetition is essential to success in such a short period of time.
- Students must be over 18 years of age, able to lift over 50 pounds with ease, and have a core competency of basic knife skills in order to participate.
- Includes a set of two knives, a scabbard, and a Fleishers hat to take home.
- The four weeks will be broken down as follows
- #1: HAM & SIRLOIN
- #2: BUTT & PICNIC
- #3: SAUSAGE
- #4: LOIN & BELLY
We'll also discuss the complexities of sourcing well-raised meat in today's food system. You'll get to know our farm partner, JD Farms in Eaton, NY, where our pigs have year-round access to pasture, are antibiotic free, and are raised on non-GMO feed. You can see the difference in our pork, which is distinguished by bright red, well-marbled meat, and a generous, creamy fat cover.
This intensive is a series of four classes over four weeks, from 10am-2pm on each day. Please provide us your phone number at check out so that we may call to complete the registration process and send you further details. We look forward to it!
This class takes place in CT at Fleishers Greenwich or Fleishers Westport, and in Brooklyn at Fleishers Silo. All attendees will receive an email one week prior to class with additional information.
Refund Policy: Class registrations are non-refundable, but you can transfer to a different date or receive class credit to sign up for another class under the following schedule: 10 days or more in advance: You may transfer to another class or receive class credit for the value of the class. 2-10 days in advance: You may transfer to another class or receive class credit for the value of the class, minus a $30 fee. Less than 48 hours in advance: No class transfers or class credit will be issued. Requests for class transfers or credit must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.